Everybody’s favorite conference, DebConf4, will take place in Porto Alegre, Brazil, from May 26th to June 2nd.
Those of you having been to earlier DebConfs know already what to expect. But some things are different this year:
- There is no gym where you can sleep on the floor for free. You have to sleep in a hotel for free . (SESC is our hotel and the place where the event takes place.)
- As before, food will be free, too, but it will be brazilian food , with alternative options for vegans or people with allergies.
- There will be a variety of recreational activities available. Check http://debconf4.debconf.org/indexeb11.html?q=sesc for details.
- DebConf and DebCamp are merged; every day of the conference (except for the first one) there will be one talk in the morning and one in the afternoon. We aim for more in-depth discussion and less sleeping participants. Please submit talks you would like to give. (CFP coming soon.)
- people will not have to leave the area at 18.00. It’ll be a 24/7 hacking fest!!!
As before we will have a keysigning party and lots of time for bugsquashing and hacking during DebCamp.
The DebConf4 Website holds exhaustive information about travel, visa, vaccination, language help, Brazil, Porto Alegre, weather, currency and money exchange, SESC, sponsors, and of course the excellent, all surpassing, amazing team of people making this happing.
Registrations will be opened on February 10th, be ready!!
The growing list of sponsors already includes:
- PSL-RS (the International Free Software Forum organizers)
See you at DebConf4,
The DebConf4 Team
- Due to great support from HP, which will pay for accommodation and meals, we will be able to host 150 persons for free. We operate on a “First Come First Serve” base, favoring DDs but also welcoming everyone else advancing Debian. Even if you can’t make the first 150, a day will cost only about 17$US.
- Original Posting